Thursday 1 April 2010

New species of crab found!

A story in my local paper caught my eye today.

A new species of crab was discovered by a man walking his dog on a beach down in Cornwall I think it was...anyway this specific crab (which is now known through the town as Shelly) has evolved to walk forwards. No more pesky scutling sideways. I started to think there was something slightly odd about the story when I saw that Waitrose has pledged money to a local firm to help them investigate this new species.

I thought that was really good. We find a creature that has evolved (that's right you lot from the God Sqaud EVOLVED) to better suit the conditions in which we live, and here is a supermarket pledging money to help it survive.

Sorry, my mistake, Waitrose actually want rights to sell the crab which they have deemed to be tastier than ordinary crabs. Simply because this crab can walk forwards. What the fuck people? Yes I am a vegetarian but no I really don't care if you eat meat - but honestly. We find a new species of something and our first thought is not "oh my God, a new species, lets study it", it is sadly "EAT IT, EAT IT, EAT IT....why isn't it in my stomach yet?"

We are so very fucking strange.

1 comment:

  1. hmmm, and the date didn't ring alarm bells in your head?? :)

    ReplyDelete