Monday 16 August 2010

She Makes War

I for one am thoroughly excited about the release of She Makes War's debut solo album - Disarm.

I'm sad to say that I was late in my discovery of the musically astounding Laura Kidd - I in fact discovered her from something that was retweeted (thank you Twitter) - but as sad as I am that I have been missing out, I'm more than pleased to have found her.

Having spent much of the last few years touring with other bands such as The Young Punx, Kidd finally gathered together a set of 41 demos and headed to the studio. This has resulted in a thirteen track album dealing with everything from love and loss, to genocide.

It's difficult to liken it to anything I've heard before. It appears she's carving herself a niche in the music industry with her beautifully crafted songs, defiant of genres.

As I sit here trying to find the words to describe just how good this album is, I struggle. I am unfortunately not a music journalist. It would appear that I am headed more into financial journalism than I am music and film. The best thing I can really say to you is that the album is out on 1st September, 2010.

When it comes out. Go get it. You need it in your life.

Soon you'll be wondering what treats were in those original 41 demos she had. More please.

No comments:

Post a Comment